Sunday 13 September 2015

“Goodluck Jonathan Is My Hero, Buhari Should Try And Develop Nigeria” – Eedris Abdulkareem

Speaking to PUNCH recently, Nigerian former kennis music artiste, Eedris Abdulkareem has disclosed that former President Goodluck Jonathan is the only president who actually brought transformation to the country but people never saw that good side because they were carried away by the insurgency in the country then.
He however disclosed that he admires the zeal of the current administration which is to curb corruption. He then advised that the president should try to develop the country.
 In his words; “Jonathan was the most abused president in the world yet it didn’t stop him from being himself, he still went about doing good. People didn’t see the good he did because of the propaganda of Boko Haram. For me, he is my hero. I have no regret about that album in his honour, I will always appreciate Jonathan. As for the current president, I admire his zeal to curb corruption, which is what my music is all about. But then again, he should try and develop this country. Fighting corruption is not development. The youth are crying; he should create employment. I am not his fan yet. I need to see a new Nigeria and I have not seen it yet.”

No comments: