Thursday 17 September 2015

Why I Shunned Nigeria For England - Liverpool's Jordon Ibe Breaks Silence

Jordon Ibe has confirmed that he intends to represent England at senior international level should he receive a call-up in the future.
19-year-old Nigerian UK-based player, Jordon Ibe, who was approached recently by Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh to switch his international allegiance to his father’s country (Missed it?..Read Here), has confirmed on Tuesday he had decided  to play football for England rather than Nigeria.

The Liverpool winger is qualified to play for the Super Eagles until he has made a competitive senior appearance for England.

"It was my choice and it feels the right choice. I was born here and have played in the younger age groups. I want to take it up to the first team one day,"
Ibe told Liverpool’s website.

The London-born forward played for England Under-21 team against USA Under-23 side and then against Norway, alongside his Liverpool teammate colleague, Joe Gomez.

"It was great and I enjoyed myself. I felt as though Joe and I did well. It was a great experience and I’m looking forward to the coming games. You want to represent your country well. Even at times when you’ve not got games for Liverpool, doing well with England is vital."
   

No comments: