Thursday 3 September 2015

I’ll Not Allow Fuel Scarcity to Happen in Nigeria Again – NNPC GMD Ibe Kachikwu

Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu has vowed not to allow fuel scarcity in the country in his tenure as NNPC’s Group Managing Director.
“I will not allow scarcity to happen in the country. I will import as much as I need. I will try and refine as much as I can and I will keep looking at those comparative dynamics and see where we will land. I certainly would hope that someday in my tenure, we would stop importing,” he said.
“But it is not going to happen on a 100 per cent basis unless you build new refineries. The total capacity anywhere, even if we are doing a 100 per cent is about 20 million litres. Consumption today is 40 million litres.”
He spoke during an inspection of the Port Harcourt Refinery Company.

No comments: