Monday 4 July 2016

Wow! Nigeria's Foremost Writer, Chimamanda Adichie Welcomes First Child

Leading Nigerian literary giant, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, has put to bed, giving fans a pleasant surprise.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
 
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who is considered to be one of Africa's most recognized and accomplished writers, has put to bed.
 
The writer and her husband Dr. Ivara Esegee welcomed their first child recently.
 
Adichie made the revelation in a new interview with Financial Times, said she and her husband welcomed their daughter recently decided to keep it private.
 
She said, "This is the first time I’m saying it publicly.
 
"I have a lovely little girl so I feel like I haven’t slept . . . but it’s also just really lovely and strange. I have some friends who probably don’t know I was pregnant or that I had a baby.
 
"I just feel like we live in an age when women are supposed to perform pregnancy. We don’t expect fathers to perform fatherhood. I went into hiding. I wanted it to be as personal as possible."

No comments: