Thursday 22 October 2015

Model Attempts Suicide After Losing Out in Beauty Pageant (Photos)

For failing to achieve her life time dream of winning a popular beauty pageant, a 21 year old model attempted to end her life.
Fernanda Paulino

After failing to win a place in the final, a contestant in Brazil's Miss BumBum beauty pageant tried to kill herself.

Fernanda Paulino, 21, was one of 27 women desiring to win the South American country's hotly-contested rear of the year crown.

Ms Paulino, who had represented the southern Mato Grosso do Sul state, was found slumped at her home by a friend on Saturday - two days after being told she had not made the competition final.

In an attempt to take her life, she had taken an overdose of prescription drugs and was losing consciousness, before her friend called a taxi and rushed her to hospital, where medics pumped her stomach.

Fernanda Paulino and other contestants

Paulino who is now recuperating at home, said was 'devastated' she had not made the final.
 
"My parents weren't at home and I was alone. I lost grip of myself, I was crying a lot.

"It was always my dream to take part and win this competition. I went straight to the medicine cupboard and took all the strongest tablets. I acted on impulse. My name wasn't among the finalists. I want to disappear, to die, and I just did the first thing that came to mind.

"The doctors told me that if my friend hadn't come and taken me to hospital, it would have ended in tragedy,"
she said.

Ms Paulino spent a night at the Sao Luiz hospital in Sao Paulo before being discharged.
 
Fernanda Paulino in the hospital after doctors were able to rescue her from her attempted suicide

No comments: