Monday 31 August 2015

Kanye West Announces He's Running for U.S President in 2020 at MTV VMAs (Photos)

Kanye West announces he's running for President in 2020 after admitting he'd smoked a joint before epic acceptance speech at MTV VMAs.

Kanye West, Big Sean, and John Legend accepted the award for video with a social message
 
Kanye West announced he will be running for the U.S Presidency in 2020 during the MTV VMAs on Sunday. The bold declaration came at the end of an epic acceptance speech as he received the Video Vanguard Award - a lifetime achievement award at the 2015 VMAs.
 
Taylor Swift towered over the rapper as she presented him with
the  award to mark the many achievements in his career
 
Earlier in his speech, Kanye West had admitted to smoking some marijuana before going on stage but regardless, his declaration is one that should probably not be taken lightly.
 
 
It was Taylor Swift who honoured the rap star with a gushing introduction that was a nod to their first encounter.  Kanye spoke about that moment in his speech, and how being a father has changed his behavior.
 
"First of all, thank you Taylor for being so gracious and giving me this award this evening, thank you. And I often think back to the first day I met you also. I think about when I'm in the grocery store with my daughter and I have a really great conversation about fresh juice, and at the end they say oh you're not that bad after all.

"It crosses my mind a little bit when I go to a baseball game and 60,000 people boo me, it crosses my mind a little bit. And I think If I had to do it all again what would I have done?

"Would I have worn a leather shirt? Would I have drank a half a bittle of hennessey and given the rest to the audience? Yall know yall drank that bottle too. If I had a daughter at that stage would I have went on stage and grabbed the mic from someone elses.

"You know, this arena tomorrow, its going to be a completely different set up, some concert, something like that. That stage was gone, but the effect had on people remained,"
 multi-platinum selling West said.

No comments: