Saturday 1 August 2015

Singing Was a Joke Until I Signed Onto D'banj's Record Label -Tonto Dikeh Reveals


The singer/actress opened up on her foray into music, what she is doing at the moment and how she makes money to keep up with her flashy lifestyle in a new interview.
 
Controversial actress and Duchess of DB Records, Tonto Dikeh has opened up on her music career, her stream of income aside acting, the many tattoos on her body, her relationship and who her favourite actor/actress is at the moment.

Speaking on the latest episode of The Truth with Olisa Adibua, the Rumuokuta, Rivers State indigene was in her best elements as she tried to provide answers to most, if not all the questions thrown at her.

On why she hasn't featured in any Nollywood film in over two years, Tonto denies it's not due to the fact that she's no longer being called up by producers or the pay isn't good, saying: "...the pay is actually fantastic. its even more now because I've built up a reputation and a standard for myself, so the pay is actually very high now".
 
When asked to state how much she charges to act a lead role in a film, she said: "I cannot tell you but I would've to read your script and get back to you".

The 'sugar rush' singer, who admitted that her venture into music was a joke till she signed on to D'banj's DB Records. "It used to be a joke [but] I got really serious with it after I signed on to DB Records; it's no more a joke".
 
On why she chose the record label, she says "It's not about DB Records. It's about me being heard. It's about me trying to push this other side of entertainment that I think can explore and actually succeed in. So, it's not about the record label at all. It's a personal thing as an artist".

Watch the rest of her interview below:
 

No comments: